Paula Tsurutani has spent her career in marketing communications, working with leading arts organizations, professional service firms, associations, and nonprofits. She is an experienced professional focusing on internal and external marketing communications, project management, publications development, fund raising communications, and creative direction.
Her background includes positions at the American Bar Association (Director of Publications Planning & Marketing), the Chicago Symphony Orchestra (Associate Director of Direct Marketing), the
of Pediatrics (Director of Marketing), Ernst & Young (editor and marketing specialist), and Winston & Strawn LLP (internal communications specialist). American Academy
She serves as grants coordinator at Quest Theatre Ensemble and is a board member at the PianoForte Foundation. She also has served as an editorial board member of Association Forum and as co-chair of the Marketing and Promotions Task Force of Association Forum’s Workforce Diversity Committee.
She has a B.A. degree from Lawrence University, is an amateur classical pianist, and a certified Master Gardener.
- Legal Marketing Association-Midwest, Your Honor Honorable Mention Award, 2013
- Legal Marketing Association-Midwest, Your Honor Award, 2010
- International Association of Business Communicators/Pacific Plains Region, Silver Quill Award, 2009
- International Association of Business Communicators/Chicago chapter, Bronze Quill Award of Excellence, 2009
- 14th Annual Communicator Awards, Award of Distinction (print category), 2008
- Burton Foundation and Association of Legal Administrators, Best Law Firm Newsletter, 2008
- International Association of Business Communicators/Chicago chapter, Spectra Award of Excellence, 2007
- Chicago Women in Publishing, Excellence Award, 2002 and 2000
- Mid-America Publishers Association, First Place and Honorable Mention, 1990
Additional information available.